Monday, April 5, 2010

with our heartfelt thanks....

On behalf of Ann, Stacey and I along with our family members we would like to thank you all for your love of Paul and support and prayers for us...it has been so wonderful seeing dear friends and hearing so many great stories about Paul...it is an understatement to say that he was a very unique man and 'one in a million' and he will be sorely missed. As you all know, the days ahead will be filled with so many emotions for us all especially Ann and Stacey...as we all know death is a part of life and we can all rationalize that until we wake up each morning missing the heck out of a loved one and wondering how in the world we will go on...but you do...you find a way...it has been a joy and privilege to write these updates and I would not have been able to do so without having God lead and guide me. It was an honor to meet so many of you today and put names to faces of friends whom I had heard so much about all these years...there were a few of you who had asked for a copy of the poem I wrote and read at Paul's service so here it is...my personal thanks for loving and caring so much about my dear family.

My Tribute to Paul…

Don’t grieve for me…for now I’m free
I’m following the path God had planned for me
I took His hand when I heard Him call
Yes, I turned my back and left you all…
Please understand I could not stay another day
When getting well was just not my say
As you all know I gave it my best
And now God says it is time for me to rest
First you made us laugh…now you’ve made us cry..
God knows we surely do not understand why..
Don’t be burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you smiles and sunshine of tomorrow
My life’s been so full…I’ve savored much
Great friends…good times…my family’s touch…
If my leaving has left a void…
Then fill it with remembered joy…
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found my peace at the close of the day
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Please don’t lengthen it now with undue grief…
May you always feel my presence…by your side
This is our Fathers’ wish that we must abide…
Lift up your hearts and peace to Thee
God wanted me now…He set me free…

~Laurie Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment